Here are the categories of personal information that we may collect about you and the reasons for it.
Registration information when you create a Delivify account so we can:
- Create your account so you can place orders under our Terms & Conditions. This will include your full name, address, telephone number, email address and the password that you use to create your account;
- Identify you when you sign-in to your account;
- Fulfil our service obligation towards you;
- Contact you for your views on our Services and notify you of changes or updates to our Services.
- Customise our service provision to meet your needs.
- Process your order and bill you (NB Delivify never stores your credit card information in our systems. Payment operations are outsourced to our payment processors)
- Communicate your order/s to the merchant selected where applicable.
- Update you on your order via email,SMS or phone as necessary.
- Reply to your order queries and questions and to resolve problems.
- Store your feedback on merchants and delivery to update the rating of merchants and delivery service
- Carry out analysis and research using your feedback to develop and improve our service.
- Potentially record your conversation for quality and training purposes and to aid in the resolution of your queries.
- Protect you and the service by seeking to detect and prevent fraud or other acts in breach of our terms and conditions or policies relevant to the service.
- Provide some merchants on our platform information who use other delivery companies or deliver themselves. They may use your information to provide you with status updates on the delivery of your order.
- When you pay for your Order with a mobile payment or digital wallet service provider send you transaction information via confirmation emails or SMS to the email address or phone number registered with that service provider (since this is required by those providers).
- Send you marketing and app notifications about our products or services.
- Publish reviews you submit to us about our restaurants and services.
- Conduct analysis and research to improve and develop our Services.
- Suggest other product or services you might like in line with your app usage.
When you access our services, we may collect certain activity information automatically from your device such as your IP address, MAC address or device ID.
- Provide you with an improved customer experience.
- Give you access to your order history and preferences.
- Provide other services at your request.
- Provide our location services if you choose to share your geo-location.
- Through the use of 3rd party services, provide you with display advertising material in line with your preferences and interests. This is done through the processing of personal data via WizRocket Inc. of information including, Internet Protocol (IP) address, MAC Address, Browser type and service usage information such as when, how often and how long you interact with the Services.
- To tailor content that we or our third party restaurant/merchant or advertising partners display to you, for example so that we can show you restaurants which are in your area or make sure you see the advertising which is most relevant to you, based on characteristics determined by us;
- When you access our services, we may collect certain activity information automatically from your device such as your IP address, MAC address or device ID.
We may share your personal information with the following recipients (and whenever we do, we will ensure that this is done in line with GDPR and/or national law requirements):
- Merchants that you have placed an order with for processing and delivery
- Any law enforcement or regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary under applicable law or regulations;
- New owners or re-organised entities in the event of a business restructuring, sale, purchase or joint venture affecting our business.
- IT partners: These are required to take care of all the system infrastructure including (but not limited) to hosting, data storage and maintenance;
- Delivery Partners: These are partners who assist us in making sure the products you order through our website are received within a reasonable timeframe.
- Marketing Metrics and Analysis: These are partners who assist us in the provision of metrics to gauge and improve app performance, customer engagement and overall user experience
- Any other legal or natural person provided that you have given your consent. We will never sell, distribute or otherwise share your personal information unless we have your permission.
- If you don’t want us to use your personal information in this way or generally change your mind about receiving any form of marketing communications, you can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe functionality in the communication you receive or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org If you choose to unsubscribe from our marketing, we will keep a record of your preferences so that we don’t bother you with unwanted marketing in future.
Delivify will always make sure we have a legal basis to collect and use your personal information. The legal basis we rely on will change depending on the type of information and the context in which we collect it. Predominantly, we process your information in order to provide you with the service you have requested as part of our contractual obligation towards you, however we may also process your personal information when you grant us your consent to do so or when we have a legal obligation to go do or we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as long as this is not overridden by your data protection interests or your fundamental legal rights and freedoms).
As specified earlier our main reason for collecting and using your personal information is to perform our contract with you (i.e. to make sure you get your order when and where you want it), but we may also process it where it is in our legitimate business interests to do so. But only if our interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or your fundamental legal rights and freedoms.
In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you (e.g. we need to keep a record of the orders).
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us via email email@example.com
Delivify place great importance on protecting your information from and against unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We implement appropriate technical and security measures to safeguard such information such as, securing access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology.
The security measures we use are designed to provide a level of protection security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
Where you have chosen a password which allows you to access certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone and to use a unique password for our Services. We will not be liable for any unauthorised transactions entered into using your name and password.
Whenever we retain your information we will do so in compliance with applicable laws.
Delivify will destroy or permanently anonymise your personal information at the point that we no longer need to process it for our ongoing legitimate business needs or for any legal reason.
You have the right to obtain access to any information we process about you. You can access most of the data we process about you via your account at any time. Should you want to exercise your right of access please contact us on the email address below. to review update and rectify your personal information. Should you require we rectify any errors in information that we hold about you to which you have no access to amend, please contact us on the email address provided below. Under certain conditions, you can also ask us to delete your personal information (known as the right to be forgotten) and we will execute such request to the extent possible. You also have the right to request to restrict processing (in which case we still have the right to store the information but cannot process it further than that) or request that your information be ported to a third party. This can be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing and profiling. For direct marketing purposes, you may object by opt-outing of receiving marketing communications we send you at any time by emailing email@example.com or by clicking the opt-out link on the message received.
If we collect and process your personal information on the basis of your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing this consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
As part of our service delivery we share information with third party providers. We make sure that the third parties we use give the same level of importance to data protection as we do, and in all cases we make sure that we have adequate safeguards for your data. These third party providers include:
The European Economic Area ("EEA") includes all EU Member countries as well as Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland. We may, from time to time, be deemed to have transferred personal data that we collect from you to third-party data processors in countries that are outside the EEA. For example, we might engage an IT support company which has offices outside the EEA which need to perform maintenance to the database. In this case this will be required to ensure the proper functioning of the system.
If we do this, we are obliged to ensure that the personal data that is transferred outside of the EEA is protected in the same ways as it would be if it was processed within the EEA. For this reason we have procedures in place to ensure your data receives the same protection as if it were being processed inside the EEA. For example, our contracts with such third parties stipulate the standards they must follow at all times (in line with EU approved Standard Contractual Clauses).
Any transfer of your personal data will follow applicable laws and we will treat the information under the guiding principles of this Privacy Notice.
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from third-party websites (for example, those of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates). If you follow these links, please be aware that Delivify is not responsible or liable for these third-party websites which will have their own privacy policies.
From time to time, we may receive personal information from third party sources, including advertising networks but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent to process the information or are otherwise legally permitted or required to share your personal information with us. This information may include your likely demographic group.